Friday 18 June 2010

Hedonistic Tendencies.

Ali Mahdavi & The Girls of Crazy Horse

photographed by Ellen von Unwerth

for Tank Magazine, Summer 2010

I have always been a fan of musicals – Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserable, Moulin Rouge are my favourites just to name a few. Chicago has just come into town, I have, however, been dissuaded by a friend of mine who has convinced me to not waste my time or energy and wait till I go to London.

Cabaret. Musicals. London.

These three buzz words have been recurring themes in my head recently. So when I saw this editorial, I simply could not ignore how Eric von Stroheim weaves all three elements mentioned above into a tastefully suggestive editorial piece.

….. Not going to give too much information away, but this is also very fitting for a party I am looking forward to explore next month.


1 comment: