Monday 19 July 2010

Calamity

Fear

Has it ever occurred to you that 2012 could actually, maybe, possibly be the end of the world?

I’m not saying that I believe that this is the case. I’m not going to start talking about all the ‘tell-tale signs’ and link this post to what Nostradamus said, nor am I going to go on a tangent and speak of the astronomical alignments or formulae of any sort.

I am merely suggesting that sometimes, the thought of the end of eternity scares me.

Catastrophes have stuck around the world, more frequent than ever in recent years.

…. & has reminded me of an editorial piece by David LaChapelle which he did 5 years ago








'The Disaster Series'
By David LaChapelle
for Vogue Italia 2005

I wouldn’t go as far as saying LaChapelle trying to raise awareness with this editorial piece – but it’s gotten at the very least, one person, thinking of such matters. ... & inspire me at the same time.

Job well done then I say?


No comments:

Post a Comment